Posts tagged HM
Posts tagged HM
MANICURE MUSE: Beyonce for H&M Swim ‘13
If Queen Bey modeling swimwear isn’t enough to envision your next workout or starting a “Single Ladies” flash mob on the beach, I don’t know what is… Get the suit and the Ladyfinger right this way… (plus, 25% of sales goes towards WaterAid to help give children in Africa and Asia clean water)
MANICURE MUSE: Maison Martin Margiela for H&M
Fall shopping usually has me overwhelmed. The list of things I want always triples the list of things I actually need (isn’t this true for most people?), but I can only hunt down the perfect Fall coat across the infinite internet and retail assortments for so long. I need some direction… something I know I can’t resist or live without. Enter H&M’s newest collaboration with Maison Martin Margiela. The 100 piece collection features the avant garde brand’s most iconic looks and best selling pieces. What am I coveting? Namely the Trompe L’oeil bodysuit, the plexi heeled pumps, this structured duvet coat, and the 2-in-1 dress. This collection is sure to sell out in minutes, so come November 15th… get your game faces on people.
MANICURE MUSE: Acne AW’12
If uttering the words “supersize me” is ever encouraged without judgement, it would be for Acne’s Fall ‘12 collection. Distorted silhouettes and proportion play were the key elements to the collection that featured oversized jean jackets, sweatshirts, parkas and trouser pants. These printed cameo trousers do make a statement with room for digestion, which is important if you’re a foodie like me.
To emulate this look, I used Dusty Miller by Priti NYC, Beige by H&M and Got My Groove Back by Ginger+Liz.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Paint your full nail sea foam green
2. Draw irregular shapes using beige
3. Once dry continue to paint gold irregular shapes slightly overlapping the beige
4. Top it off with top coat
MANICURE MUSE: Preen AW’12
For Fall ‘12, abstract expressionist art made its way into the Preen collection. The series of looks with the wide brush stroke prints translate perfectly to nail art. Yes, the canvas may be a tid-bit smaller, but the beauty of it all is that we’re all artists. Grab your brushes, ladies, and get inspired.
To recreate this look, I used Cotton by American Apparel, Black by Mattese Elite and Brown by H&M Nail Lacquer.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Start with a white nail
2. Using a black nail art brush, paint a wide brush stroke across your nail
3. Paint over the black brush stroke by layering a brown brush stroke on top allowing a peek of black to show through
MANICURE MUSE: Marni for H&M
Ever since the Marni for H&M collaboration was announced, the countdown to March has been painfully slow. Luckily, we’re in the homestretch. The collaboration finally hits stores March 8th. The complete lookbook has already gone viral giving us much to look forward to (I’ll take one of everything, please). Even better that everything is reasonably priced with most pieces under $100.
I used Urban Purple by Rimmel London, Summer Peach by American Apparel and Stolen Sapphires by Topshop.
To get these Ladyfingers:
1. Paint your full nail a burgundy color
2. Using a dotter tool- I used Orly’s Dotter Duo tool (available here)- make two rows of peach dots across the middle of your nail
3. Make a line of vertical dots aligning with a column dots you made on the right side of your nail
4. Clean your dotter tool and start again dotting with dark blue. Create a dotted vertical line on either side of your peach vertical line
5. Clean your tool again and apply more peach dots at the top and bottom of your nail
6. Seal off with top coat and voila!
MANICURE MUSE: Versace for H&M available November 19th
It’s Donatella’s world and we’re just living in it. If you weren’t one of the super lucky fashion insiders who attended the extravagant fashion show and after-party headlining Prince and Nicki Minaj, don’t fret. Versace for H&M ladyfingers are all you need to add a little glam to your last few days of waiting. The collection hits select stores on November 19th, so I’d suggest breaking in your favorite running shoes in the meantime. Featured in this post: 310 Beach (Revlon), Royal (Love & Beauty available at Forever 21), and Austin-tatious Turquoise (OPI).